Delo XLC Antifreeze/Coolant
Delo® XLC is a non-nitrited extended life Antifreeze/Coolant formulation for heavy and light duty vehicles and equipment. Delo XLC is formulated with an aliphatic carboxylate corrosion inhibitor system available as a concentrate and a premix 50/50.
Always confirm that the product selected is consistent with the original equipment manufacturer's recommendation for the equipment operating conditions and customer's maintenance practices.
For full product description see the PDS
Delo XLC Antifreeze/Coolant products deliver value through:
- Optimal Service life — Service life of 600,000 miles/1,000,000 km/12,000 hours/6 years with no Extender needed.
- Excellent Protection — Excellent protection against pitting, corrosion and erosion even on hard to protect metals like aluminum.
- Minimized maintenance and related costs — Requires no regular testing with proper top-up practices and helps eliminate the need for supplemental coolant additives.
Delo XLC Antifreeze/Coolant is a heavy-duty, ethylene glycol based engine coolant which incorporates patented organic corrosion inhibitor technology called aliphatic carboxylates. Delo XLC is a nitrite, nitrate, borate, phosphate, silicate, and amine-free formulation that provides maximum protection of the six basic metal alloys found in most heat transfer systems. Delo XLC products do not contain phosphates or silicates which are known to contribute to hard water scale issues. Delo XLC promotes maximum water pump seal life by eliminating inorganic corrosion inhibitors. Delo XLC has a recommended service life of 600,000 miles/ 1,000,000 km/12,000 hours/6 years. This product will not require the addition of SCA’s to achieve its recommended service life. Routine visual inspections, coolant top-off and annual testing are recommended to ensure maximum service life.
Recommended applications for Delo XLC Antifreeze/Coolant:
- Heavy duty engines regardless of fuel type or environmental controls being used where the OEM recommends a nitrite free, silicate free coolant.
- Mixed fleets where automobiles, light duty trucks and heavy duty trucks are being serviced and the OEM recommends a nitrite free, silicate free product.1
- Recreational vehicles where a nitrite free, silicate free product is recommended.
1 Some OEM's require the use of nitrite in heavy duty engine applications.