Delo 400 SD SAE 15W-30
Delo® 400 SD SAE 15W-30 is a premium and innovative diesel engine oil intended for engines that have duty cycles which qualify as "severe duty." These include reducing idling time by turning the engine off at stops or deliveries, stop and go in heavy traffic or city delivery, or situations where engine cooling may be stressed like when towing heavy loads or when cycling between fully loaded and unloaded in off road applications.
Always confirm that the product selected is consistent with the original equipment manufacturer's recommendation for the equipment operating conditions and customer's maintenance practices.
For full product description see the PDS
- Severe Duty — Intended for severe duty applications like reducing idle time by turning the engine off at stops or deliveries, stop and go in heavy traffic or city delivery, towing heavy loads, or situations where temperatures of engine components are high. Severe duty applications typically have lower drain intervals relative to other duty cycles. See OEM recommendations for drain interval recommendations.
- Exceptional oxidation and deposit control — Exceptional oxidation stability and deposit control help protect piston ring belt zones and turbocharger bearings. Contributes to maximum vehicle utilization and minimal downtime.
- Improved fuel economy — Tests show comparable fuel economy to SAE 10W-30 in (Class 6) stop and go applications and up to 0.7% fuel economy improvement with long haul trucks (Class 8) when compared to a SAE 15W-40 oil.1
- OEM approvals — Carries a range of OEM approvals.
- Excellent emission control system life — Provides optimum Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) life for minimal downtime and cleaning, thus managing your maintenance costs.
Delo® 400 SD SAE 15W-30 is formulated using Chevron patent pending technology to provide outstanding protection for on and off highway applications including 2010 compliant engines of on highway diesel trucks burning ultra low sulfur diesel (ULSD). Delo 400 SD SAE 15W-30 is formulated with ISOSYN® Technology and contains an optimal blend of dispersant, detergent, oxidation inhibition, antiwear, corrosion inhibition, viscosity improver, and defoaming additives. Today, Delo 400 SD SAE 15W-30 meets the most stringent EGR soot control and particulate requirements.
Delo 400 SD SAE 15W-30 is a mixed fleet motor oil recommended for naturally aspirated and turbocharged four-stroke diesel engines and four-stroke gasoline engines in which the API CJ-4/SM service category and SAE XW-30 viscosity grade is recommended. It is formulated for engines operating under severe service and a wide range of climatic conditions. It is excellent for use in new advanced engines developed to meet the latest emissions and reliability standards and in engines equipped with features like four-valve heads, super-charging, turbo-charging, direct injection, higher power density, intercooling, full electronic management of fuel and emissions systems, exhaust selective catalytic reduction, exhaust gas recirculation, and exhaust particulate filters.